NetProbe OBU (On Board Unit) provides continuous automated data collection of onboard ERTMS and national signalling systems
NetProbe OBU enables train operators and rail infrastructure providers to have greater visibility of the performance of ERTMS systems and other operational assets.
NetProbe OBU is part of the NetProbe Onboard Testing and Monitoring solutions. It includes an onboard probe (if required), an onboard rack mounted box, access to a dedicated central server for data storage, and analytics & reporting software (with an option to include additional cloud-based management reporting).
The benefits of NetProbe OBU include:
- Can be installed on test or operational trains
- Direct automated onboard data collection
- Independent information to identify and corroborate GSM-R, signalling, train and driver performance issues
- Helps to ensure continuously meet KPIs/ SLAs
- Single analytical platform prevents siloed data collection and analysis, making it easier to identify potential issues more quickly and resolve them more efficiently
- Daily data downloads and storage for many years helps trend analysis
- Helps to optimise asset maintenance schedules and service levels
- Enables continuous and comprehensive visibility of fleet and asset operational performance
- Intuitive software, clear graphical interface
Marco Bussi at Comtest Wireless comments “Test trains can be expensive to move to different locations and are not easy to run during peak times. That’s why there can be significant advantages to installing ERTMS monitoring systems onboard operational trains.
Firstly, continuous automated monitoring of the GSM-R and signalling networks helps to identify incidents and issues more quickly. Secondly, collecting performance data more frequently makes it easier to get a more comprehensive view. Finally, analysing high data volumes helps to spot trends in degradation or benchmark performance levels. This can save money by enabling asset maintenance scheduling to be optimised and reduce performance penalties caused by unplanned delays or stoppages.”
Contact us for further information on NetProbe OBU or any of the Comtest Wireless GSM-R and ERTMS test and monitoring solutions.