The Future of Railway Signalling – 27th & 28th March 2019
Comtest Wireless is pleased to announce that it will be presenting at the 5th Annual Conference, ERTMS & ETCS 2019, held at Addleshaw Goddard, Central London.
About the Conference
Hosted by the Waterfront, the conference theme is ‘Delivering and implementing ERTMS and the digital railway in the UK’.
ERTMS & ETCS 2019 will provide the latest insight on the plans for ERTMS implementation and roll out in the UK. The conference, taking place over two days, is an essential update from all involved with ERTMS and will bring together all parties to share their progress and practical insight on preparing for and operating with ETCS. The event will provide the latest update on ERTMS in 2019 and beyond, considering not only the lessons that can be learnt from the introduction of ETCS but other signalling technologies, including ATO.
Comtest Wireless speaker Luca Fornasiero, will be presenting at 13.40 on 28th March. His talk is on “Using data from multiple sources to support and enhance ERTMS delivery”. His talk will cover: the importance of data in troubleshooting and predictive maintenance, functional analysis & ERTMS, and Cyber security considerations.
He will be amongst a programme of ERTMS experts including:
- Michel Ruesen, Managing Director, ERTMS Users Group
Peter Geens, Advisor, Head of Unit Federal Public Service for Mobility and Transport
Ian Maxwell, Head of Train Control Systems, Office of Rail and Road
Attendees will be able to learn from them about:
- Hear the latest plans, timelines and progress for introducing ERTMS in the UK
- Review how ETCS fits as part of the digital railway – considering ATO and traffic management implementation and the practical lessons from the introduction of these systems
- Consider how to train and prepare staff for the introduction and the human factor challenges
- Receive practical experiences and insight from where ETCS is in operation
- Understand how to avoid obsolescence and how to future proof for rapidly transforming technology
Want to attend ERTMS & ETCS 2019?
Please use the code 372cw to qualify for a 25% discount.
Read more about Comtest Wireless ERTMS testing and monitoring solutions here.