Process & Analyse True End-to-End ERTMS Transactions
Comtest Wireless passive monitoring solutions enable rail operators and equipment vendors to test and measure ERTMS, GSM-R and interlocking networks for true end-to-end signalling performance.
ERTMS networks are complex environments that present many monitoring challenges and issues, including:
- GSM-R coverage needs to be available everywhere and at all times
- Network supervision must be 24×7
- The monitoring system needs to be able to evaluate complex systems interactions (GSM-R/ETCS/IXL)
- The monitoring system must also identify root-causes, when anomalies occur
- The data collected needs to be retained for a sufficient period of time to:
- ensure that network upgrades can be properly tracked
- perform appropriate rollbacks, in the case of malfunction
- score performances and identify trends
Using scanners, responder units and other monitoring hardware, NetProbe passive monitoring enables signalling data streams from the trackside and on-board units to be collected in real-time from a wide variety of network and train equipment.
Just some of the key benefits of using NetProbe Passive Testing
- must-have technology to monitor and troubleshoot GSM-R/ETCS networks
- ability to process and analyse true end-to-end ERTMS transactions, from GSM-R, ERTMS and Interlocking (IXL) networks
- a high focus on interoperability
- capability to be scalable, flexible, reliable and extremely easy to maintain
- true real-time support for a wide variety of urgent issues
- data correlation and embedded full protocol layout and decoding, to automate time-consuming procedures
- an extremely efficient database to ensure extensive data retention (for many years), thus allowing long-term performance evaluation.
- centralised view that combines the best features for operators of any size
- all the features peculiar to GSM-R/ETCS technology requirements, such as GSM-R mobile support, UIC testing methodologies, geo-location measurements in tunnels and more
Want to learn more?
These passive monitoring test and measurement solutions include:
- the provision of probes, responder units and other monitoring hardware to test and measure the quality of the communication network systems
- the provision of powerful software tools to compile, collate and analyse the data
- the provision of maintenance equipment, consultancy and services