Monitor & identify GSM-R interference
Interference can cause issues and failures in GSM-R voice and data communication.
Comtest Wireless provides the hardware and software to monitor interference on GSM-R networks and equipment, so rail and signalling operators can identify and prevent failures in quality of service.
The NetProbe monitoring solutions measure the RF coverage along the GSM-R network using high quality receivers and scanners, which support technologies from multiple suppliers.
The detailed reports can be used as a basis for engagement with mobile network operator (MNOs), third parties or legal entities, to address the issues.
Just some of the key benefits of using NetProbe Interference Monitoring
- must-have technology for interference
- troubleshooting and RF network quality assessment
- ability to identify intra-system interference using GSM Scanner
- ability to verify when and how much UMTS operators’ contributions increase the RF noisefloor using WCDMA Scanners
- automatic management of cab radios with real functional tests on: ERTMS-ETCS, Voice, GPRS and ASCI (VGC, VBC)
- testing for compliance to EIRENE RF coverage & Lee criteria
- connectivity optimisation for GSM layer 2 and 3
- voice QoS testing with MOS measurement (PESQ)
- data QoS measurements in circuit switch mode,
- compliant to ERTMS subset 093/ UIC O2475 std
- data QoS measurements in packet switch mode (GPRS over GSMR)