Automated GSM-R & signalling data collection with NetProbe Unattended
NetProbe Unattended makes it easy to schedule, collect and compile telecom and signalling data in real-time, using unattended test systems on-board trains and platforms.
It is a simple and cost effective way to identify and source signalling and telecoms failures in real-time, on a limited budget.
In just the size of a shoebox, it enables rail infrastructure operators to receive real-time analytics and identify network issues quickly – and requires minimal engineer maintenance visits.
This is why NetProbe Unattended is easy to deploy on trains, platform or wayside, and enables full end-to-end call tracing in real-time. The signal level and quality measurement data is collected by the on-board unit, statistically compiled into configurable ‘packets’, and then transmitted to the responder server.
It provides an in-depth view of:
- All railway communication systems (GSM-R, OMC, signalling and interlocking)
- ERTMS/ETCS service coverage
- Performance data for repeat test patterns, alarms, measurements and events
- Issues and inefficiencies with handover failures, service drops etc
- Radio measurements geo-positioned from GPS, time synchronised and then notified in real-time
The range of data collection equipment includes:
- Rack mounted solutions, supporting 8 watt cab radios
- Single boards for compact installations
- Trolleys on test or operational trains
- Portable backpacks on test or operational trains
NetProbe Unattended features
- Real-time data collection, including geo-positioning
- Executes repetitive test patterns
- Sends measurements and events
- Raises real-time alarms
- Provides seamless connectivity among multiple radio bearers
- Test and assess quality of service for all radio services
- Performs active tests of operational networks (GSM-R, Tetra, WiFi) in fully unattended mode
- Collects and aggregates information from on-board subsystems
- Completely modular and user-configurable
- Cost effective, unattended monitoring
- Hardware and software is easy to install
- Full end-to-end call tracing
- Accurate quality of service evaluations
- Aggregated data post-processing
- Full tracing and signalling data storage for up to 5 years
- Easy to upgrade to collect more data
Once collected, the data is then analysed using NetProbe Analytics, the powerful, proprietary Comtest Wireless software platform.
View real-time data as:
Comtest Wireless can also provide the necessary training, support and maintenance contracts, as well as actively manned (non-automated) testing solutions.