Continuous automated data collection of on-board ERTMS and national signalling systems
NetProbe OBU (On Board Unit) offers a unique visibility of the performance of operational assets by continuous automated data collection and analysis of on-board ERTMS and national signalling systems.
It can collect data from a wide range of different on-board systems and by compiling it into a single platform it is much easier to conduct analysis and detect issues more quickly.
On-board data collection
Signalling engineers and train management operatives can script and collect on-board data for:
- GSM-R radio data including any trace interface (if available)
- ERTMS and national signalling network performance ETCS data or any other signalling-related parameters
- General train data – GPS position, speed, braking and acceleration performance
- Movement authorities between the train and the Radio Block Centre (RBC)
- Balise data including individual and group balise statuses and the balise telegram log
- Driver information
NetProbe OBU Features
NetProbe OBU is part of the NetProbe On-board Testing and Monitoring solutions. It enables train operators and rail infrastructure providers to better understand and manage their assets and operations.
Each installed solution comes with an on-board probe (if required), an on-board rack mounted box, access to a dedicated central server for data storage, and analytics & reporting software (with an option to include additional cloud-based management reporting).
- Direct automated onboard data collection
- Provides independent information to identify and corroborate GSM-R, signalling, train and driver performance issues
- Helps to ensure continuously meet KPIs/SLAs and can address issues before they impact the customer
- Ensures payment only for delays only when they are relevant
- Helps to optimise asset maintenance schedules and service levels
- Enables continuous and comprehensive visibility of fleet and asset operational performance
- Single analytical platform prevents siloed data collection and analysis, so it is easier to identify potential issues more quickly and resolve them more efficiently
- Intuitive software, clear graphical interface
- Daily data downloads and storage for many years helps trend analysis
- Can be installed on test or operational trains
Once collected, the data is then analysed using NetProbe Analytics, the powerful, proprietary Comtest Wireless software platform.
View real-time data as:
Comtest Wireless can also provide the necessary training, support and maintenance contracts.