Collect and analyse GSM-R & TETRA performance with NetProbe Drive Test
NetProbe Drive Test is the complete Drive Test solution to actively test and measure rail telecoms quality of service.
As the must-have technology for GSM-R troubleshooting and network quality assessment, it includes all the hardware and software necessary to collect, analyse and report on the data.
Using test trains and trains in normal service, data on time, train geo-location and radio message events can be initiated, collected and collated, as single events or as part of a regular schedule.
This provides the capability to simplify and automate effort intensive tasks (such as UIC test sets or interference and inter-modulation analysis) so that these can be done quickly and efficiently.
Active on-board GSM-R data collection
Engineers and GSM-R operatives can script and collect data from:
- Cab radios
- 2w mobiles
The range of data collection equipment includes:
- Racks installed on test trains
- Trolleys on test or operational trains
- Portable backpacks on test or operational trains
NetProbe Drive Test Features
- Dedicated GSM-R/ERTMS asset management platform
- Radio frequency data collection and analysis
- 2G, 3G and 4G ready
- 2W mobiles and 8W cab radio support
- Wide range of cab radios: Sierra Wireless, Funkwerk, Selex, Triorail and SED
- Tracing & signalling data storage for many years
- Full support for UIC O-2475 and O-3023
- Advanced geo-location and odometry support
- Wide range of configuration support, from light portables to heavy-duty rack-mounted clusters
- Software compatible with GSM, GSM-R, GPRS, WCDMA and LTE, as well as 2G, 3G and 4G networks
- Available standalone or as part of a combined solution
- Test trains also supplied if required
Once collected, the data is then analysed using NetProbe Analytics, the powerful, proprietary Comtest Wireless software platform.
View real-time data as:
However, TETRA networks can also provide additional radio coverage for railway organisations in the same way. The lower frequency used by TETRA gives a longer range, which is particularly useful for locations where there is potentially no GSM-R or other telecoms coverage, such as inside tunnels.
The TETRA module enables rail telecoms operators to test:
- RF levels
- quality of service
- call coverage along the track.
As a result, rail telecoms engineers and managers have access to KPI data including, a wide range of TETRA network parameters and trace information, which can be displayed in a variety of different formats – such as maps, charts and tables. These visual data displays make it easy to monitor quality of service, troubleshoot or identify areas of poor coverage.
The charts can also be added to the NetProbe Enterprise online KPI dashboard, to provide access to the rail telecoms network performance data, 24/7.
Comtest Wireless can also supply test trains if required, as well as provide the necessary training, support and maintenance contracts.