Interlocking (IXL) is the arrangement of signal apparatus, which prevents conflicting movements on train tracks through the use of junctions or crossings. Electrical interlocking uses software to control the hardware, instead of hard-wired networks of relays. This makes them much easier to change, as modifications can be done by reprogramming rather than rewiring.
Part of the NetProbe Wayside Suite, this Module collects and graphically displays data, making it easy to analyse and investigate interlocking statuses and issues.
It enables GSM-R, ERTMS networks and IXL data on a L2 ETCS line to be monitored and reported using the same platform.
Features and benefits
- IXL data reporting on a L2 ETCS line
- Clear graphical interface makes it easy to see train trips
- Customisable analytical tools enable you to select the data you want to see
- Fully re-sizable graphical view
- Dynamic and interactive tools let you to see more
- detail by hovering the mouse over different elements
- Easily modified so you can change labels, signals and the schematic view without needing to recompile or
get a new version of the tool
- Ability to synchronise interlocking data with GSM-R and ERTMS data
- 24×7 supervision
- Data storage for many years
Comtest Wireless can also provide the necessary training, support and maintenance contracts.
To provide a more holistic view of the network and to make it easier to pinpoint issues, NetProbe Wayside can also be used with other data collection products:
- NetProbe OBU (on-board signalling data collection)
- NetProbe Drive Test (active testing)
- NetProbe Unattended (automated testing)